- would this fact have generated a record?
- have I looked for those records generated by the facts in this obituary?
- how would the informant have known this detail?
- is there a chance this statement is correct?
- are the details in chronological order?
- would one person have had first hand knowledge of all this information?
- are there any details in this obituary that are inconsistent?
14 January 2014
The next time you read an old obituary that you think is not helpful, stop at the end of every sentence. Ask yourself:
Posted by Michael John Neill